Thursday, May 27, 2010

TO BLOG

There are so many blogs that are inspiring or profound. The authors are would be novelist, if they had time. They see the unusual in the usual. That’s not me. I have always thought I don’t want to be remembered by what I wrote but by what I did. In spite of all that I still blog. I guess it’s a journal of my life or a civil way to keep connected with others. I lasted on facebook for about a week. It can get a little rough from me.
So today I blog about my noxious plants. I have two in my yard. The first is a five leaf plant that is a parasite. I don’t know its real name but I have always heard it called the wild grape. This plant (without grapes) finds a host plant and then the vines attach and for a while make the host plant even more beautiful. Unfortunately the end result is death for the host and the five leaf parasite moves on. The second plant I have in my yard is a three leaf variety. Yes, it’s the “leaves of three let them be” kind of plant. Destroying and disposing of the plants can be very difficult. Even when the plant seems dead and gone you can rub against a dry leaf and have a weepy rash. It only has one name, poison ivy.

This weekend Kent and I will go outside and try to rid our yard of these plants. It must be done before we have nothing but wild grape and poison ivy in our yard.

2 comments:

  1. What a bother! Thanks for blogging -- both you and Dad. We like reading what you have to say and we enjoy checking out Dad's pictures. Both are fun for us kids....

    ~ Ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement. Love MOM

    ReplyDelete