Tuesday, July 12, 2011

THE GUILTY NEED NO ACCUSER

What a profound thought. I know that I am a very hard judge on myself but do I have to worry about what others are saying about me because I have done something to offend either intentionally or unintentionally. Am I uncomfortable around others because I have slandered them in the past? What about my thoughts? No one will ever know about my thoughts so shouldn't I be entitled to them. Do I like the directions my thoughts take me or are they just innocent judgments of others that I reserve the right to feel.

The book The Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allan Poe is about a man who was about to get away with murder but he couldn’t stop hearing the beating heart of the man he had killed. He imagined that everyone could hear the beating and eventually it drove him mad. Being without a guilty conscience in word, deed and thought is the only way to stop the accuser.

No comments:

Post a Comment