Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Christmas

It’s Christmas time. The question I am being asked by my children is “who are we going to be a secret Santa to?” This has become a tradition in our family. We have done it differently over the years. Sometimes it is giving our children money and having them report back to us what they had done. For the past couple of years we have known of families who needed help and we have given to them.

Today I had a handyman in our home. People always talk. He talked about his teenage children and how hard it was at Christmas because work is limited at this time of year. This year he has taken his niece and nephew into his family. They are 1 and 3, the ages of my grandchildren. I took two gifts from the many gifts I had purchased and gave them to the handyman for his youngest family members. He started to cry. Sometimes we don’t realize how we can bless people’s lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment