Friday, June 24, 2011

DON'T ALWAYS BELIEVE WHAT'S ON THE NEWS

Today I have some teenage boys doing my yard work. Actually they have been working for a couple of days. They are learning to be workers but they are also learing to be friends. They laugh as they work. As I watch the work progress I think about the young people I read about in our country who are doing terrible things. My question is: Are they bad because they have nothing positive to do and no one who believes in them or are they bad because they choose the path of least resistance? The old chicken or the egg question. Well my boys are working, they are making friends, I enjoy hearing their laughter, my yard isn't the worst yard in the neighborhood and I have faith that the next generation isn't represented by what I hear on the news. A win win situation!

No comments:

Post a Comment