Tuesday, June 14, 2011

IS THIS ALL?

So Far I have….


1. Been in a tornado – I have a scar, pictures and glass pieces in a jar to prove it.
2. Have a masters degree.
3. Worked to put my husband through college and graduate school.
4. Walked the streets of San Francisco and took pictures of flower children. (Google it if you don’t know what I’m talking about.)
5. Worked as a bank teller.
6. Saw a baby born but I haven’t been pregnant.
7. The loosing politicians I tried to get elected: Ronald Regan, Kit Bond and Gerald Ford. They only lost once.
8. Traveled around the country in a 1960’s VW bug, slept in parks and cooked on a hibachi.
9. Taught college.
10. Raised a family that I am proud of.
11. Happily married for 42+ years (to the same person).
12. Skateboarded.
13. Was a PTA President.
14. Taught a class on how to bake bread.
15. Lived on a farm that had an outhouse.
16. Made quilts.
17. Won a cooking competition with my lasagna.
18. Have a secret recipe.
19. Retired from my work as a Licensed Professional Counselor.
20. Had a house fire.
21. Have had friends from every continent in the world.
22. Watch bears eat salmon in Alaska.
23. Worked as a crisis counselor for battered women.
24. Born in a coal mining town.
25. Played on a championship basket ball team.

…Things I still want to do...


1. See all the 7 continents
     - So far I have seen North and South America and traveled within 200 miles of Antarctica.
2. Spend 2 or more years serving mankind (fulltime) after retirement.
     - This will be a mission for my church and I can’t wait.
3. Write a book.
4. Continue to find joy in my art.
5. Vacation with my grandchildren.


No comments:

Post a Comment