Friday, August 12, 2011

ALMOST FINISHED


The first part of my card is choosing which elements of the page will go on the card. I chose the elephant since that was Peyton's first and favorite toy. The original toy was blue with pink ears and so my elephant needs to have the same colors. Drawing the elephant and then breaking it down into parts is necessary.
 Finally, I glued and used my black and white pens to give the elephant some personality. With the original elephant I used some chalk for depth but left it off for the card. You never know when a toddler will put something in their mouth.
Choosing the right papers can be tricky when you are making a card. I like to used bright fun color for children but for a first little girl's birthday it might need to be toned down a little. Also, the embellishments might need to be more geared for a toddler.

No comments:

Post a Comment