Saturday, August 13, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARD

When I was in high school home economics class, our sewing machine experience was with paper. I couldn't wait until we got to the real sewing. I am back sewing on paper because I find it gives a card a finished look. With Peyton's first birthday card it also gave me a little stability. I wanted to put play tabs on the card so it was interactive. By sewing longer pieces of ribbon into the card it made it less likely that she would pull out a tab and choke on the ribbon. The center contain pictures of her favorite people.

I'm not sure how long it will take Peyton to chew the card to the point that it needs to find it's way into Oscars trash can but for the few minutes it gives her of joy it was all worth it.

1 comment:

  1. We love the stitching on paper look. We just bought a bunch of paper CD jackets with white stitching to use when we give a photo disc away to a client. No elephants on the disc sleeves though :)

    ReplyDelete