Tuesday, May 8, 2012

BEEF FAJITAS


Source: bhg.com via Sara on Pinterest

I haven’t had much to blog. I live a rather boring life when Kent is out of town. Now he is back in town and life is good.
We had a Cinco de Mayo party to attend Saturday and I needed to bring a main dish. I chose Beef Fajitas. Since I was going to make enough for a crowd I decided to use the recipe that used the crockpot. I liked the flavors of the fajitas as did people who commented on them. I think the only think I didn’t like was just a personal preference. I just don’t like meet cooked in a crockpot. It doesn’t have the same flavor as grilled, fried or baked meat. I knew that I didn’t have time to fry the meat so this was my only choice. I think I might make these again but I will use olive oil in a sauce pan instead or a crockpot.

2 comments:

  1. The fajitas were excellent. But you're right: there's much to be said about how the meat is prepared. We had some fajitas recently at a Georgia restaurant and the meat had been salted just right and cooked over an open flame. Best fajita steak I'd ever had. ~Ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I don't have an open flame but maybe a grill will work for this next time. I will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete