Sunday, October 25, 2009

Grandma's jelly

I have juice to make jelly. I know it will be a lot of work so I have procrastinated all week. Today I got out my small jars with the lids and rings as I remember watching my grandmother do when I was a child.

The process of making jelly and jam hasn’t changed over the decades. I purchased pectin in the same yellow box I remember my grandmother using. Preparing, cleaning and measuring with exactness is necessary if I am going to have the results my grandmother had.

My life is much like making jelly. I have to prepare and make myself clean from the world. Following the Lord Jesus Christ with exactness is also necessary. If I want to achieve a life that is desirable it will take some work.

During the year I will share most of my jelly with family and friends. For today I will find satisfaction looking at the full jars. My life will also be shared with others. For now I need to find joy in my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment