Friday, October 2, 2009

TRADITIONS

Once again it’s Thursday and time to be with my oldest grandchild. I picked her up from school and we did something she had wanted to do for a long time. We went shopping at Trader Joes. Trader Joes is the only store that has child sized carts. I didn’t have a shopping list. Aubrey did. She wanted to bye Babybel Cheese and baby sized pumpkins. We were successful. I also got some veggies for a salad. I love our Thursday night traditions.

I love all the traditions I have with my family. I also believe that a good tradition has to come with an expiration date. For the past few years every Sunday my youngest two children and spouses have come to dinner. I have enjoyed this time. As we all change and lives get busy our tradition has to change also. We still enjoy being with our children. We just respect that this tradition is changing. I guess that is one of the measures of happiness; the ability to find joy in change.

No comments:

Post a Comment