Sunday, January 8, 2012

JANUARY GOALS

As January gets into full swing many people are trying to live up to the goals set weeks earlier. I don’t set goals in January. I feel January goals are in reality a list of chastisements that guilt us into correcting our perceived bad behavior. Punishment for not being perfect might be a better description for January goals.
I think January is a time for fighting the winter blues. Maybe reading the books received for Christmas or cleaning out the sweets treats given by friends. I know I have a box of gourmet chocolates I’m willing to give anyone who hasn’t gone into a diabetic coma.

Do I believe in improving? Yes, but not by negative means. I need encouragement for me to make changes. I like to challenge and reward myself for what I accomplish. I want to measure success in small increments not in an end result. You see, I will always be a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment