Monday, January 7, 2013

THE WEEKEND

The week end was again one of extreme busyness. Going out with friends on Friday night was enjoyable as was going to Wicked at the Fox on Saturday afternoon. Working to accomplish goals and regular housework made me look forward to a quiet Sunday with an early 9:00 am church. As always a call seems to change our day.

Kent received a call from a family he baptized on his mission some 46 years ago. They will be in Oklahoma City on the 18 through the 20 and wanted to know if we could come. Kent said yes. We invited the kids but Andrea and family were busy. Ben and Becca said they would come with us so after Sunday lunch the next hours were spent coordinating plane, car and hotel reservations. A nap seemed to elude us. Maybe next week.

Today, I am back trying to accomplish goals. I don't understand how I got so much more done when I worked full time. I guess it's like an acquaintance said, "growing old isn't for sissies."

No comments:

Post a Comment