Monday, August 30, 2010

ACCOUNTABILITY GROUP

There are many groups we can join that help us to improve and can be enjoyable. There are groups for those who love to read, write, quilt, photograph, and play musical instruments or paint to name a few. Recently I heard of an accountability group. This group is for those who want to improve themselves but need someone to help them be accountable.

I have thought about what I would want in an accountability group. I would like to be with people who are positive about change. They know what they want but need a cheerleading group on their team. Someone who reminds them to fill up their cup.

As a child I was taught that it was selfish or a waste of time to do things for pleasure. As a teenager and young adult when my friends went to play tennis or golf and I thought “that is to much a waist of time.” I wanted to be an artist but when it was for fun it wasn’t necessary and I couldn’t justify the time it away from important things.

Over the years I have accomplished much. I have no complaints. This is a new time in my life. I am not as needed as I once was, also, no complaints. I have the time to set goals and achieve them. I just need a cheerleading team to keep me feeling that fun goals are worthwhile. I in turn can be a member of a cheerleading team for someone else as they achieve goals. So who would like to join my monthly accountability group?

No comments:

Post a Comment