Friday, August 6, 2010

INFERIOR FEELINGS

Eleanor Roosevelt said “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” There is much truth in what Mrs. Roosevelt said. I have been thinking about the times when I felt inferior. When I compare myself to others I always feel inferior. Comparisons do keep us feeling less that those perfect people we try to emulate. There are other times when my inferior feelings are caused by bulling. We think of children being bullies but I have found that children grow up and still are bullies. They are now overly competitive, a gossip or one who reminds you of past failures. All of these examples are of  those who not only feel inferior but seek to make others feel inferior with them.


I am reminded of a story I heard long ago. (For some reason all my stories are from long ago.) A man went to hell to visit. As he was shown around he noticed that the women were all very lovely and delicate. As they walked around they would stop at a tree and look at the fruit hanging there. They would then very carefully bite into the flesh leaving the fruit on the tree. The man asked what they were doing and his host responded, “They are poisoning the fruit by their bite so that some unsuspecting soul will be harmed.”

Life can be a real evil place when bullies harm. Maybe the solution is to warn people of the poison before someone is hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment