Monday, August 2, 2010

WILDFIRES

Once again the wildfires are raging in Southern California. I remember being in Pasadena and seeing the distance smoke from the fires. In Pasadena the weather was pleasant and we couldn’t smell the fires but they were there, threatening the communities. This year like all other years the government of California is using their limited resources to fight a fire that is a natural part of the earth renewing itself. The problem is we have gone into areas and built communities thinking we can control the uncontrollable.


I think lives are very much like our mother earth. We can have a beautiful life if we choose. But there are places we shouldn’t go and areas we shouldn't build. I hear gossip and I know that it will hurt the individual but it will destroy the gossiper. There are many substances that we should stay away from. Some images and thoughts should be avoided. Any kind of cruelty is worse that a wildfire. How do I end my list? I can think of so many things to add. I think the bottom line is if we want to avoid the wildfires in our lives we need to keep out of the areas that are destined to burn out of control.

No comments:

Post a Comment