Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I NEED TO TALK

I need to talk. I realize that there are those who have difficulty talking to others. I am not one of them. As I have studied B. F. Skinner he stated that the more you give a child time outs the more aggressive he will become. What about adults. Do we also become aggressive when we don’t feel we are being seen or heard by others? This past week my doctor told me I was to quarantine myself. (A term from the 1950’s) When I am isolated I find myself talking to anyone who will listen. Heaven forbid you call to ask a simple question or you dial a wrong number and get me when I am going through isolation.

So I have sat alone trying to find something to do during my isolation. I started watching an owl box, Molly the Owl and her 4 little owls. At times there are over 15,000 viewers logged on watching the eggs hatch and the mother teachng her babies how to be owls. There is room for the viewer to make comments. I enjoy reading the comments and every so often venture out and make a comment of my own, hoping that it will accepted by the group. What a strange experience.

Tomorrow, I am going to change my behavior. I am going to communicate with real people who mean something to me. Molly and her brood with have to grow without me.

No comments:

Post a Comment