Friday, April 23, 2010

IT'S RAINING

Today is April 23, 2010. There isn’t anything important happening today. The president isn't speaking, no natural disasters making news, grandchildren are all healthy, and Andrea’s pregnancy is progressing very normally. The clouds are dark and we are having a steady drizzle. I still need a nap during the day but who knows if that is age or illness. I guess I could say “this is a rather boring day!”

Today the difference for me is my granddaughter, Aubrey, made me a get well card. It was all hand made and written entirely by her. How wonderful it felt to know she loved and remembered me. It has me thinking. Have I ever gone to that much trouble to make someone’s day brighter. I’m sure I have but not on a regular basis. Really, how much trouble is it to write a card encouraging someone? I am continually amazed at how much I learn from my grandchildren.

No comments:

Post a Comment