Monday, May 23, 2011

A NEW STORM PASSED THROUGH

Today as I worked on cleaning a cupboard a storm came through. We were in a tornado watch once again. In the past I found watching the storm fascinating. Today I felt fear. I realize that I am vulnerable. My thoughts turned to those in Joplin who had just suffered a devastating storm with so many lives lost. I feel that I need to do more to help those who are suffering. Other than giving a donation I can’t think of anything else. I am still limping after my meeting a tornado in the Airport last month but I am growing stronger and soon will be able to keep up with the best. Retirement from one field doesn’t mean I am retired from caring for my fellow man. Next year I will be one of the seniors out there making a difference.  

No comments:

Post a Comment