Wednesday, September 23, 2009

WHO WILL I BE TODAY?

Amazingly enough we have to reinvent ourselves every so often. Today, I realized was one of those days. What do I want to be now that I'm 60? It seems like every decade I reinvent me; student, bank teller, young wife, artist, military wife, mother, volunteer, political activist, quilter, student, empty nester, mature (and much more fun) wife, professor, counselor, grandmother, friend and traveler. 

I have felt the need to once again start using my art. It has been many years since I was involved in art. Once it was a passion. I enjoyed making things for me and for others. I walk though our home I see the fruits of my labor. But I'm changing and the art on my walls needs to change also.

I have a desire to write. I have learned many things over the years. Surely, I could write something interesting and useful to my fellow man. Where would I begin? How could I make sure it would be good? Am I too critical of myself to freely write for others to read? Maybe, that is where I could start the growth process.

I watch friends competing in triathlons and marathons. I will never do something like that but what about challenging my self physically. I could learn to cook like a chef. Is it time for me to go back to school and learn in an academic setting? Do I need a new volunteer experience?


All these ideas are good but what is best? Today, I ponder. I know an answer will come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment