Friday, March 5, 2010

SELF-RELIANCE


This is a picture I took. Yes it is amazing. The amazing thing is that it turned out. I don’t normally have a camera in my hand. It’s not that I am incapable of taking pictures and preparing them for use, it’s just why? I have many capable photographers in the family who are passionate about what they do. Some are professionals and in high demand. At any given day I can say I want a picture of ____ and the camera will come out and I have what I want.

I do have a strong ethic of self-reliance but there is a line between self-reliance and impracticality. Professionals are important in our life. My sister will not use a lawyer for anything. She likes to research and then do the work herself. The family lawyer offers free services but she turns him down. I knew a young lady who lived in a trailer court. She would say she was as good a counselor as me. She said everyone in the court would come to her and she would tell them what to do. Why pay for a counselor when she would give advice for free?

I am grateful I have professionals who have prepared to help when I can’t do it my self. Doctors, dentist, mechanics, plumbers, carpenters, electricians, chefs, well as you can see my list can go on for a long time. I need to be able to do as much as I can for my self but I also need to know when I need someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment