Tuesday, March 2, 2010

YOU THINK YOU'VE GOT IT BAD

I love how we humans have the need for one-up-man-ship. You might be telling about a piece of glass in your finger and someone needs to let you know that you really have nothing to complain about because they have had a whole vase broken in their foot. They usually start out by saying “you think you've got it bad…” I’m not sure why we need to do this. Everyone needs to have someone to listen when then are hurt or feeling down. Yes there are many people who have it worse but for this minute your friend, family member or acquaintance needs to give you compassion. A simple “I’m sorry you are hurting” will usually do.

3 comments:

  1. That picture is soooo fitting for your post. I can only imagine what was going on in Khloe's mind... "You think YOU've got it bad? Look at my outfit. Wait! Wait! Better yet! Look at my haircut!" Sheesh. She looked, well, not her best that day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I should say "A simple 'I will remove your costume" will usually do?

    ReplyDelete