Monday, March 29, 2010

SPRING

This is a time of year when there are religious celebrations throughout the world. For some the Spring Solstice or Circle-of-Life celebration is a time of renewal. Tomorrow is Passover for the Jewish people of the world. The next 3 weeks finds Christians celebrating Easter. Celebrations of the eastern cultures include the Islam's Prophet Muhammad’s birth and the birth and Enlightenment of Buddha. Even the Atheists are having their “Can God Survive” conference.


Recently I have been thinking about my own religious experience. During my childhood my mother had times of religious zeal followed by anti-religious sentiment. During one time of zeal she would insist we had prayer together as a family. She always prayed. During her prayers she would say ‘’Dear God, forgive Lorrie (or other child’s name) for not cleaning her room (or other offending thing we had done). I grew up fearing God and not thinking I could ever match up to what was expected by a god.


The years have certainly passed and my attitude about religion has also. I recognize that religion is important in a society. It helps to teach us how to behave and be civil. I have thought about my own religious beliefs and how my life is different because of my beliefs.
  • I am good enough
  • I want to help my fellow man
  • I don’t ever want to be angry
  • I want to be honest
  • I want to forgive (the hardest part)
  • I want to love unconditionally
  • I want to find joy in life
  • Vacations are nice by I don’t want to retire
  • I want to work hard my entire life at making the world a better place
  • I want to be known as non-judgmental
 Happy celebrating this spring time and Chocolate Bunny Ears to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment