Thursday, April 12, 2012

CHOCOLATE BOWLS




Another idea from Pinterest: We were having friends over for a fun evening and I decided to try the chocolate bowls for dessert. Since our friends have children I decided to make the bowls small and put a scoop of ice cream in the bowl. I picked up very small balloons at the store and used chocolate chips for the chocolate. I’ll have to admit the children were not too impressed with our adult conversation until the dessert came out. The bowls were a hit with everyone. We served the chocolate dessert bowls in real bowls since chocolate melts in warm hands.
OBSERVATIONS
  • I think using a better chocolate would make for a better bowl. (Is that too obvious?)
  • The balloons breaks if the chocolate is too hot.
  • This presents an additional problem since cool chocolate creates a thicker bowl.
  • There is a waste of chocolate unless you want to finish off the extra chocolate with a candy mold.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I appreciate your observations from your real life experience too. They will be very helpful when I try this for our grandchildren! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete