Friday, April 6, 2012

SMASH BOOK



My daughter and daughter-in-law are wonderful cooks and involve their children in this so coming to grandmas and baking something isn’t special. So I needed to find something that was exclusively grandmas. I have always loved art so doing art projects with my grandchildren seemed like the natural choice. As my oldest granddaughter has progressed in her projects she is becoming quite creative. For her 8th birthday I gave her a smash book. This is a cross between a journal and a scrapbook. It is perfect for a young person because there are no rules. You do what you want. Instead of adding all the expensive add-ons I have used pinterest to print off free journaling cards, pictures of the Titanic (her newest obsession) and envelopes.




Pros: this is loved by my granddaughter and used more often than any other do-it-yourself craft project she has gotten. I’m not into prepackaged craft projects so this works for me. I believe that it sparks creativity which needs to be developed. Smash books are great for those who don’t have time to scrapbook.


Cons: It can become very expensive if you use all the special tags, tapes, cards and envelopes that come with this line of products.

No comments:

Post a Comment