Wednesday, April 4, 2012

TOMATO BASIL SOUP



I have never been a fan of tomato soup. I think the main reason was a childhood taste memory. We were a poor family and as such food was at times not available. In order to save money my mother had her go to meals. One was Spanish Rice. It consisted of condensed tomato soup, rice, green peppers and water. All were cook in a sauce pan and served as our entire dinner. After a week of eating this for every meal I vowed to never eat anything with these three ingredients again.  
Over the years I have been able to acquire a taste for these ingredients but not together and not often. When I saw the pinterest recipe for Tomato Basil soup I decided I would like to give it a try. The recipe was easy to follow and liked by both me and Kent. I added the shellfish and made one other modification to the recipe. Instead of using ½ and ½ I used fat free ½ and ½ . I found it at our local grocery store. The fat free version added the richness of cream without the fat and calories.

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea there was such a thing as fat free 1/2 and 1/2. Learn something new every day.

    ReplyDelete