Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A ROAD WELL TRAVELED

My granddaughter is learning to read. She loves to read to people. Her enthusiasm is contagious as she smiles and shows affection for her book. What a wonderful world reading will open for her. Aubrey is going down a road she hasn’t been down before. It’s full of adventure and excitement. It can become a favorite pastime as well as a necessary skill. I am so grateful that she is not struggling with reading and has enjoyment for learning.

I love opening the pages of a book and reading the written words. As a child this was not a love of mine. I have dyslexia and reading was never easy. As I worked reading became less difficult and now I have a love of books. I find adventure in searching about places I want to visit and joy in reading about the accomplishments of others. I read much about my profession so I can be the best counselor I know how. At times I find the letters don’t cooperate especially when writing and sounding out new words but I can overcome that with a little patience.

As each grandchild begins reading I hope they find the adventure before them a wonderful experience. Learning should be fun. I'm grateful it has become for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment