Saturday, June 5, 2010

USELESS

Some days I feel quite useless. Kent is off doing grocery shopping (his choice). When we returns he will mow the lawn. The house is clean and laundry caught up. I don’t have any projects that need to be done. There are no walls to paint or weeds to pull. A good friend is coming in a few hours to cook a gourmet meal for our family. The only thing I have to do today is wrap a gift for friends who are moving. I have wondered why I measure my worth in things that need to be done. Why can’t I just enjoy the day and the company of a friend and family?

I remember when I longed for a time when I could just sit and read a book without out feeling guilt for neglecting something. When I could walk though my house and not see so much that needed to be done. Now that day is here I feel useless. Monday morning will come and I will have much to do. This month is very busy with work, visitors, activities, and travel. For one day I need to enjoy the moment and stop feeling guilty for not needing to be doing something productive every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment