Tuesday, October 12, 2010

AN ARTIST TODAY

I need to be an artist today. I went to Michael’s for inspiration. That place sells projects not inspiration. They were having a sale on their colored pencils and pastels. At 40% off that was good but I like the ones at my favorite art store in the village. So I came home empty handed and decided to look for inspiration around me. Glancing around I see a box of photographs on the floor, family pictures, computer, printers, the usual things surrounding me. Then I looked down at my mostly clean desk. A crumpled paper torn from a catalogue had been hidden for quite a long time. I didn’t intend on buying the snail with a pixie on its back but I love how it looked so I saved it. This has me thinking about a woodland scene. Now I’m inspired. Out comes my sketching book and …

No comments:

Post a Comment