Friday, October 1, 2010

WHAT ABOUT THE BOY


I have 4 grandchildren, three girls and one boy. The girls have their toys that they need such as a doll house with all the furniture and people. They have a beautiful pink chest full of dress up clothes. I have watched many a princess dance in her tutu, crown, slippers and magic wand. We also have lots of toys that would delight any child, but there aren’t any “just for boy” toys. Now before you accuse me of being out of touch with current trends and psychological findings I want you to know that I have given my granddaughters cars and trucks(see car below if you doubt me). I know they love them . What I wonder is “are there things that a boy needs?” I discussed this with family members. It was Wesley’s uncle that said yes. Wes needed something unique to him. But what? Ben said he needed cowboy boots. Now I have never purchased cowboy boots. Not for me or my children. That has changed. When Wes comes to visit grandpa and grandma in 3 weeks there will be the granddaughters dress up clothes and Wesley's cowboy boots. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, June looks so happy here! What a great picture of her.

    ReplyDelete