Monday, October 11, 2010

A VERY GOOD DAY

What can I say! This is an exciting day.

First my husbands lost luggage was found. And second his lost pictures were found.

About the luggage, it started with my husband picking up the wrong luggage and bringing it home. 

Where were the colorful luggage handles I have? 

Once inside the house he realized the black roller bag wasn’t his. The well traveled owner had a name and phone number on the outside of his luggage so my husband called to let him know his suit case was safe and on the way back to the airport. Then came the trip back to the airport. Since I had gone 3 days without a meaningful conservation with Kent I decided to ride shotgun. We came home empty handed with my bff wondering how he would ever replace some cherished items.

I had confidence that those items would be recovered even if we had to resort to searching Craig’s list and eBay.

Today the lost luggage was located and will be in my husbands hands my noon.


The pictures are another story. As an avid photographer my husband saves every picture he took. We have shelves holding boxes of duplicate prints and negatives from the old days of film photography.

That makes us sound so old.

We also have stored safely on our computer and the internet volumes of pictures.

But there are about 3 years of pictures we haven’t been able to locate until now. As I cleaned yet another shelf of my now former office I located some disks that had been stored there. These were the pictures from a former working Dell that our computer savvy children saved.

The pictures are now safely loaded into the internet safe forever where wind, floods, fire and deceased computers can’t destroy.

Yes, what can I say! This is a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment