Saturday, March 31, 2012

Salad In A Jar


Once again I have used pinterest idea. This salad in a jar is has been quite successful for me. I take a jar and place the heaviest vegetables in first. Any combination works. The lettuce is last. When it's lunch time I get the out the jar from cold storage and pour on to a dinner sized plate.


Review: I enjoy peas that have just been defrosted in my salad. I made the mistake of thinking I could place the frozen peas in the jar and they would stay crunchy. What happened was they froze my cucumbers and then defrosted. Not such a good idea. Next time I will defrost the peas first. I also don't think any vegetable that is messy is good. (Grape tomatoes rather than cut tomatoes.) I also don't add my salad dressing to the bottom of the jar. I like a good crisp salad and this was perfect. I made 3 jars and they stayed fresh for the 4 days it took me to eat my salad lunches.

No comments:

Post a Comment