Friday, April 22, 2011

FROM STL TO LAX

I have been told that you should never mention in any social media that you are going on a vacation. That sets you up to be robbed. I’m not sure what someone would take at our house. I sell everything I don’t need on eBay and then put the money in the bank so I can earn a meager interest thus increasing my earnings. We only have small screen TV that are old and nothing else or electronic value. We keep a small glass container of coins so Kent can have money when he knows he is going to court and needs to park on the street. The other things in the house of value aren’t of street value such as the ostrich egg I got in Aruba or our extensive collection of used books.

My scrapbooking supplies would probably get $200 on eBay but can’t see anyone breaking in and robbing us of paper, bling and ribbon. Our computer is 3 years old and we don’t have a laptop, WII, Nintendo or anything like that. My husband’s camera is valuable but he will have that with him.
So we are packed and ready to go to LAX by way of STL direct. At least that is what my eticket tells me. Tonight we will be in Pasadena for a leisurely visit with our California children and grandchildren. The temperature is hovering around 70 degrees and sunny. We will be doing some new things like visiting the Huntington Gardens and some old things like going to Cherry On Top for ice cream with the grandchildren. June has some things planned to do with her grandpa and hopefully grandma. Wes will be reintroduced to us. When you are under the age of 2 you have a tendency to forget how fun your grandparents are in a few short months. We will color Easter eggs, have an egg hunt and go to church on Easter. This looks like it will be a wonderful 5 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment