Wednesday, April 6, 2011

LIFE IS GOOD

I saw my doctor yesterday. She is young enough to be my daughter and in my opinion the best doctor in the world. Yesterday was an off day for her. She needed to talk to a counselor and was happy to have me in her office. A 50 year old patient had just died after a very hard illness. There was nothing she could do to relieve the suffering and it made her feel depressed. During this time she also had a young patient commit suicide. She questioned if she had done enough. I didn’t have solutions to her medial dilemma but I was prepared to help her understand the emotional aspect of being in a position where you are exposed to suffering. After I left my doctors office I took time to enjoy the sunshine and fresh air a little more. Life is good even when things are not what we want them to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment