Friday, February 26, 2010

LIVING


We live in a world where avoidance of work is a way of life. We go to school because we need a degree. We work because we need money. We clean up because we can’t stand the mess. With the avoidance we loose sight of living.

What does it mean to live? I invite all to love and savor work and education. This is the start. Never think about retirement. Think about changing jobs. After years of employment why not move to a job that allows you to serve. Do the work that would not get done without you. I guess that is a way of saying continue to work but don’t look forward to a paycheck.


Continue with your education. Universities exist ready to help you learn. There are continuing education programs at junior colleges that are for learning. Go there to learn or teach what you have learned over the years. There are so many good books that teach and well as entertain. Plan a vacation and then begin reading all you can about where you will visit.


Living begins with excitement not avoidance.
St. Louis Art Museum

1 comment:

  1. Lorrie, I first came to you and Kent's blog via Erica and Nate's. I enjoyed it because I could see more pictures of their little family and to learn more of the truly wonderful family Erica has married into...Then one day I found your site...
    I want you to know I read and enjoy each and all of your comments.
    They are little pick-me-ups and reminders of what is truly important.
    You are far better than one of the "many little books of whit and wisdom for $10.95" hanging at the end of an isle by the card displays in most stores! For one reason, it's nice to know the author...and the other is because there are often elements of the Gospel sprinkled in.
    Thanks for being who you are...my daughter and grandchildren are indeed blessed.
    Renetta

    ReplyDelete