Wednesday, September 29, 2010

STRANGE ATTITUDE

Today has turned out to be a very boring day. I had the house sprayed for ants and spiders. Laundry is being done. The kitchen is clean and I am have been cleaning closets. When I was young it was called keeping house. Women took great pride in being able to keep a good house. Times have changed. Anything you can hire out no longer is important.

Professional organizers organize. Cleaners will pick up your laundry and bring it back to your house. Housekeepers clean houses. Stores deliver groceries. Accountants keep track of finances. Nurseries and daycares care for children. Travel agents plan our vacations.

I am a professional organizer. People pay me to organize their homes. I am good at laundry and I know how to drive to the cleaners. I can shop (my husband thinks all too well). Why, I’m good at everything on the list. So how come it thrills me if someone does the work for me and boring when I do it myself? Shouldn’t I be as excited about my own accomplishment? Maybe the problem isn’t the work but my attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment