Monday, November 8, 2010

HONESTY

Recently I heard a mother punish her child for lying. She said what you did was not that bad but to lie about it was terrible. We need to be able to have a basic trust that people won’t lie to us. But what is a lie? I read recently that any communication given with the objective to deceive is a lie.


We live in an age where people live by lying. They defraud, cheat, con, swindle and mislead. By saying nothing or a nod of the head others lie. A person can destroy another by one lie. We see individuals sent to prison or loose a life savings by a simple lie. Reputations are destroyed, marriages left in shambles, friendships ended over a betrayal.


Being honorable is not just good it is a necessity if we are to have relationships with others. Honesty gives us a feeling of self worth. I am grateful that I have people in my life that I can trust. People I know won’t lie to me or about me. I know my name and reputation are safe with them. I have a special love for these individuals.


No comments:

Post a Comment