Tuesday, November 30, 2010

26 DAYS

Today is the last day of November. Black Friday is past as is Cyber Monday. We are now of the count down to Christmas. For those who have Advent calendars today is the day they need to be out, ready for tomorrows count down. As holiday music plays and wrapping paper, tissue, bows and bags litter my office I am trying to finish up my last Christmas gift. The last day of November is eventful in the fact that it is a day to recover and plan ahead all in one day.
My Christmas season is marked with parties, lunches, dinners and other get togethers with friends. I am just about finished with the decorations around the house. I still need to write and mail Christmas cards, wrap a few presents and then I am done with the preparations for the holidays.
Traditions need to be followed when having a holiday. It is what makes it memorable. Then again new experiences can be memorable too. In the spirit of mixing old and new I have decided to do one thing memorable for each of the days before Christmas. 26 DAYS! That can be a lot of work but then it’s what we put our effort into that pays off the biggest dividend. Today my goal is to talk to 2 friends that I haven’t seen for some time. They are friends that live across the Missouri River Bridge. For some reason the bridge has become a barrier to friendships. But not today.

No comments:

Post a Comment