Saturday, November 27, 2010

SUCH A HOLIDAY

The thanksgiving holiday can mean so much too so many. Most appetites will not be satisfied until too much rich food and deserts have been consumed. I have to laugh at all the in-law stories I have heard in the past couple of days. I’m sure there have been times when I am the main character in the in-law story being told. Weather is always a factor in the holidays and this year the winter storms messed up many travelers plans. Couch potatoes played flag football or basketball only to have dinner interrupted by an unplanned trip to the emergency room. Some families spent time going to the movies, watching football, or just visiting. Christmas trees and yard decorations are put up in many homes. The weekend wouldn’t be complete without a black Friday shopping trip. As family members spend the night out standing in line at the malls to snatch up the best deal others are snuggled in their beds sleeping off too much dinner. Friday is also the day of the year that most Americans eat out. Out of towners want to see the sights of our home town. Yes we Americans have the strangest holiday in the world. (I want you to know I'm describing my long weekend.)

Oh yes! I decided to not boor anyone with a long list of what I am thankful for. In stead I will just say I am happy, full of joy, and looking forward to the next decade of my life. That is best anyone could hope for.

No comments:

Post a Comment