Saturday, November 20, 2010

SO I MADE MY OWN LIST

Do you have a Bucket List. A bucket list is a list of things you want to do before you die. Sometimes we die spiritually or mentally long before our physical death. Just as we morn the death of a young person who dies before their time we should also mourn for our own untimely demise. In order to keep us from sleep walking through life we need to find ourselves looking forward to something new and exciting to accomplish. Hence, the bucket list.

Recently I reviewed a list I had created ten years earlier. I have crossed of a few things on my list but I also realized that I wrote letting the opinions of those I love or wanted to impress dictate what I thought I wanted to do with my life. I think that is why my list goes untouched with no prospect of ever being accomplished. My husband on the other hand needs to start adding to his list because there are only one or two items left to accomplish.

So what do I need to do to create a true bucket list? Getting to know myself better is a priority. Being able to feel fear and not letting it stop me. Realistically evaluating what I really am capable of and I guess most important wanting to do what is on my list. So to begin my list the first thing I will write is doing a 10 K run/walk. Second create art that someone (not related to me) would buy. I have a good support network that will help me and encourage me. Ultimately it's all up to me. I can't wait!

So what’s on your list?

No comments:

Post a Comment