Monday, November 29, 2010

I NEED TO BE FIRST ONCE IN A WHILE

This thanksgiving made me reflect on ME instead of WE. Family is the central aspect of Thanksgiving and everything we do is to strengthen or create lasting bonds within the family. This is how it should be; however, sometimes it needs to be a time to think about individual joy. As a woman I haven’t considered myself as important as my children, home, service or marriage. The problem with not building on your own needs is you end up snapping or become an empty-nester with no passion for life or those you are living with.

This past week I have spent time with some incredibly exciting people (my husband being included in the list). I want to be happier, better, more alive because of this time with these people. I want to always be important to my children but I don’t want my children to feel that they need to make me happy. I have discovered that there are some exciting things I still want to do with my life. Even more important is I realize that I can start right now planning and doing these exciting things. The best is yet to come!

p.s. thank you Stephanie for being so incredible! (see I read nie nie on side bar).

No comments:

Post a Comment