Friday, February 4, 2011

DOCUMENTATION

Today the world is changing and I feel the need to document the events I remember hearing would happen if we didn’t make changes immediately. This was in the 1960’s. Governments are being changed in non-peaceful ways. War is on almost every continent. The worst winter in my life appears to be never ending in spite of Punxsutawney Phil’s prediction. Violence in the streets of America has become so common we don’t seem to notice. Kidnapping, high-jacking, car-jacking don’t even make the news but a divorce or misconduct of a celebrity dominates the headlines. Well educated women want their independence and are forgoing marriage and childbirth. There are more babies born to unwed parents than to married couples. Civility has ended in the written and spoken word. Astronomical debt for individuals is considered normal. The me generation has grown up and now they are the ME generation. Wants are considered the same as needs. Permanent and reliable applies only to Gorilla Glue. If you want to recycle you need to pay for the privilege. Food and gasoline costs are rising. Global warming is threatening everyone. The middle class is shrinking and we are becoming a nation of haves and have nots. Although I have changed over the years I still have a gianormous carbon footprint.

I think it’s time to get out my light-box.

No comments:

Post a Comment