Monday, February 21, 2011

VARIETY

We are having the first rainy day of the winter. It’s late February and I think we deserve a little rain. (The alternative being snow.) The rain is washing away the salt from the roads, parking lots, and anyplace the highway department trucks have spread their transportable safety net. I don’t mind rain. I do prefer sunshine but I remind myself that I wouldn’t enjoy the sunshine without some rain.


Life is like that. We might enjoy something but without a break it wouldn’t continue to bring us enjoyment. The adage “variety is the spice of life” really applies here. One food, one color, one holiday, one friend, once culture or one thought might be a favorite but a great variety makes our lives richer and more enjoyable.


I have learned over the years that we don’t usually remember the mundane or average. It is the strange, out of the ordinary, peculiar and outlandish people and events that make our lives interesting. They are what we remember and at times find humorous as we reflect back on our lives during our senior years. So here’s to wonderful senior memories. May I be remembered even if it has to be under the title of peculiar.

No comments:

Post a Comment