Monday, February 28, 2011

ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES

I have thought a lot about design recently.
  • form
  • function
  • color
  • simple
  • ornate
Today, I’m planning a baby shower and have thought a lot about what I should do. Is the design of the decorations more important than the function? What colors should I use that can reflect a baby girl and spring? Will what I do make everyone feel comfortable. Can I arrange my rooms so conversations flows and the honored guest is accessible to all those who attend? Should my foods be simple and tasty or should I go for over the top gourmet? Can I use decorations that I have and adapt them to my theme or do I need to purchase new ones? So many questions as I plan this most important event.

I thought how this design concept is similar to my life. What do I need to do to plan this next part of my life? Is simple the best direction to go or do I need to plan a life that is over the top? Can I use what I have? With retirement I feel that I'm not really starting over. Everything I have learned or done in the past is now culminating in who I am and what I am doing. I guess you could say I'm redefining who I am. I like this process especially since there is no competition and I have endless possibilities ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment