Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I MISS ME TOO

At the store today I passed a mother with her Down syndrome teenage daughter. The mother was distracted with shopping but that didn’t stop the delightful girl from talking non-stop to her mother. At one point the daughter stopped to look at things that interested her. Her mother continued to walk into the next isle. I passed the mother again but the daughter was no where in sight. Then a voice, “mom, I miss you.” The words continued over and over. The patient mother would reply, “I’m right her.” Finally the frightened teenager found her mother. I wanted to say to the mother, I’m sure you feel like you miss you sometimes also. That is how it is with raising children. I’m sure glad I didn’t get lost while raising my three. There were times I thought I was lost but it never really happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment