Thursday, December 2, 2010

DAYS 23 AND 24

This month is passing quickly. In the holiday spirit or making everything memorable this month I took a holiday cooking class yesterday. I love spending time with friends and this class got me wanting to do something special with them this month. I’m sure having a February holiday party would be so much more practical since everyone is so busy but it wouldn’t be the same.


Today is a little slower with spending quality time with granddaughters, the youngest one in the afternoon and the oldest one in the evening. I have thought about being a grandmother. My desire is to be a wonderful memory in my grandchildren’s lives. When my oldest granddaughter was born I thought how wonderful it would be to bake cookies and what ever grandmothers are suppose to do. I quickly found that she didn’t like to cook. So our time is spent doing what ever she wants. She loves that I don’t ask a lot of questions and I just listen to what ever she talks about. She loves to play store, office, teacher, and other pretend activities. The best time together is when we do art. She is becoming a budding artist. How wonderful to know that I have instilled my love of art in my granddaughter.

My two grandchildren in Pasadena are very much like the first. They don’t care what you are doing as long as they are the center of your world and you smile a lot. It is fun to hear their voices on the phone or see their faces on Skype. They get so excited when they talk, as do I. They remember me and always have something to say. I am looking forward to seeing them at the end of the month. I love the time we have together and always feel that it isn’t often enough. I am getting so that this grandma has her special activities with each child.

                                                                                                        
The baby is getting so she recognizes me. At 2 months she is a little young to value time with grandma. It is usually when mom needs to go somewhere and I am there when she would prefer mom. She will have to be a little older to think that coming to grandmas is a treat.

So for today the memorable time will be with grandchildren creating lasing memories of a holiday in 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment