Saturday, September 11, 2010

MY INDOOR GARDEN

About 2 years ago I got an Areo Garden. When I first got my garden I thought “this will be a wonderful way to save money because I will grow my own herbs for cooking.” I put the herbs in the garden and they started to grow immediately. As they grew I found myself cutting them back but never really got into cooking with all the herbs. After a long winter of feeling guilty about the herbs I moved them into pots on my deck. They really grew there. I replaced the indoor herbs with lavender. I imagined beautiful lavender plants that could be made into swags to decorate my house. What would be more natural than a swag that smelled like Southern France? I didn’t do a lot better with lavender than I did with herbs. They grew but the fragrance wasn’t there. The plants grew in vines not tall plants. So my plans of swags were out.

I was beginning to feel like a failure when I decided to just give ordinary flowers a try. I used the random method of picking out flowers. I just chose what ever looked good in the picture. When the pods arrived I placed them in the Areo Garden and let the machine do the rest. Soon I had beautiful fragrant plants. For 6 months every time I walked over to my sink I was greeted with the flowers and their fragrance. The plants only last about 6 months and then they need to be taken outside.

Last week I started my second flower garden. I chose different plants than before. I can only imagine these beautiful blooms all fall and into the winter. My garden has brought so much sunshine into my kitchen.

2 comments:

  1. I also have indoor garden which make my home more elegant and I also do lot of care of mu plants and others herbs. And also add fountains.

    ReplyDelete