Wednesday, September 1, 2010

NOT SO FAMOUS QUOTES

So many times we look to others to inspire us. We need a lift or guidance and a quote from an individual we respect helps us considerably. Two of my favorite quotes are from interesting people but not really respect individuals. The first from Evita Peron. As she lie dying, surrounded by loved ones and family she turned to her maid and said “don’t forget to remove the red fingernail polish.” In the same spirit my beloved daughter-in-law reminded my daughter to get her toenails polished before she went into labor because there is nothing worse than having to stare at your feet for hours and see ugly toes. I just love it!

My new favorite quote is from Marilyn Monroe. “All of us are stars and deserve the right to twinkle.” Now she didn’t say shine. Shining puts you out in the forefront which puts too much of a burden on me. I don’t want to be out in the forefront. Just standing around twinkling is great! (Don’t leave the ‘w’ out unless you are under 2.) I’m fine with being part of a group of twinklers. I don’t want to shine so bright that I diminish someone else’s twinkle.

So today as I look at my toes and wonder if I need to get out that swamp green SHREK polish of my granddaughter’s I will contemplate how to best twinkle.

No comments:

Post a Comment